Teacher – Middle School ELA
Provide students with appropriate educational activities and experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Help students develop the skills necessary to be a productive member of society.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- At least one-year student teaching or approved internship
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, write and use lesson plans that conform to the charters curriculum. Ensure written plans are available for review.
- Ensure lesson plans show modifications for differences in student learning styles.
- Teach instructional subjects according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, charter policies and administrative regulations.
- Implement appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment to ensure comprehension of learning styles and student needs.
- Utilize data disaggregations and design instructional activities using data from student learning style assessments such as benchmarks, tests, 9-week tests, and STAAR results.
- Collaborate with special education teachers on student Individual Education Plans to ensure all modifications are met.
- Collaborate with staff to determine the charter requirement for the instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Produce and oversee teacher aide and volunteer assignments.
- Employ technology practices to strengthen the instructional process.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Prepare classroom to enhance learning and to aid in the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Control student behavior in agreement with the student handbook.
- Ensure necessary and reasonable measures are taken to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Provide input on books, equipment and material selections.
- Establish communication rapport with parents, students, principals and teachers through conferences.
- Create and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Present information accurately through clear communication skills.
- Enrich job skills through professional development activities.
- Keep up to date on and abide by state and charter regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Gather, manage and file all reports, records, and other documents required in a timely manner.
- Be active in faculty meetings and assist in staff committees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee assigned teacher aide(s).
- Maintain control in stressful situations
- Extended and irregular hours.
- Some lifting may be required.
All primary roles and major responsibilities are listed.
If you are interested, please send a resume to email@example.com