Organize and maintain the normal work activities of the office of administration. Provide clerical duties to the Principal and other charter staff.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Possess exceptional keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have basic math skills.
- Knowledge of personal computer and software to compile spreadsheets and databases and do word processing.
General Responsibilities and Expectations:
Records and Correspondence
- Draft correspondence, forms, reports, etc., for the Principal and other campus staff members using a personal computer.
- Prepare data as needed when completing state and local reports.
- Organize and manage hardcopy and computerized campus departmental files.
- Manage staff and student records as needed.
- Attend to routine bookkeeping duties, including basic math operations, for the campus.
- Assist with the completion of purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Maintain personnel time records including leave requests and reports. Draft and submit information to the central office.
- Answer incoming calls, take accurate messages and transfer to appropriate staff.
- Oversee the appointment schedule and make travel arrangements for department staff.
- Receive, sort and deliver mail and other documents to department staff.
- Ensure confidentiality of information.
- Maintain and assist with the operation of office equipment/machines as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain control in stressful situations.
- Manage time with frequent interruptions.
- Extended computer time.
- Word-processor, computers, copier machine, and other general office machines.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Lift/carry 10-25 pounds frequently, 25-40 pounds occasionally, more than 45 pounds infrequently with assistance.
- Pushing/pulling 10-35 pounds sporadically.
- Continual walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, twisting, running, climbing and sitting.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying climate conditions.
- May be required under specific circumstances to provide physical restraint of students in danger of causing harm to themselves or others.
All primary roles and major responsibilities are listed.
If you are interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.